Vacancy for : Book Keeper
Hours : Hours: 16 hours/week.
Rate of Pay : Attractive Package, dependant on experience.
We are looking for a part-time, qualified book keeper/accounts manager who can maintain our day to day financial records suitable for annual submission to our accountants, and carry out payroll functions using SagePayroll for a team of 11 staff (and growing).
Historically, this has been a part time role and managed 4 mornings a week, although we are very flexible on days and hours to be worked.
- Be the main point of contact for all company accounting/financial matters
- Maintaining and managing cash and credit card records, inc petty cash etc
- Preparation and submission of VAT records
- Bank reconciliation
- Pay trade suppliers (verify invoices, negotiate and credit terms whenever possible)
- Chase outstanding invoices (verify receipt of invoices and payment dates)
- Manage and pay company suppliers
- Enter and maintain all financial records on Sage50 Accounts
- Deal with accountants/prep annual records
- Prepare wages and track staff hours/holidays etc with Sage Payrol software
- Prepare and maintain debtors list (1 x weekly)
- Prepare and maintain creditors list (1x weekly)
- Maintain Journal and Trial balances
- Maintain trial balance and P&L records
- Preparation of forecasts, and other financial reports occasionally
- Maintaining costings and other financial records for project works (on excel)
- You must have a keen eye for detail
- Be a strong hand at administration
- Need to be highly organised
- Personable team player and good internal/external relationship builder
- Adaptable and flexible
- Calm under pressure
- Establish control through credibility
- Fast and efficient
- Customer orientated
- Be highly organised
- Excellent communicator in English
- Highly competent Sage50 user
- Highly competent SagePayrol user
- Highly competent MS Office products user, inc Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have extensive experience in a similar job role
We are a friendly and highly professional company operating in a highly complaint environment that has been praised for its record keeping.
The diversity of work is interesting, requiring experience in order to maintain accuracy through good organisation and operating efficiently.